[TR] Tow bar for TR3

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Mar 27 00:28:48 MST 2011

> Does anybody have any suggestions for, or have had experience
> with, a
> highway-worthy tow bar to pull my TR3A ?

I tried it once, never again.  The frame extensions flexed so much that it
literally buckled the sheet metal in the front apron.  Get a tow dolly at
least, better yet a trailer.

If you do tow with the rear wheels on the ground, be sure to disconnect the
driveshaft if you are going very far or very fast.  There is a bearing in
the gearbox that doesn't get lubed properly when the engine is not running.

-- Randall