[TR] Hagerty insurance

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Mar 21 13:34:08 MST 2011

Peter,
I've heard nothing but positive things about Haggerty and the few guys I
know who have had claims were very pleased with their response and handling
of the claim.

Haggerty only does "agreed to value"  which means both you and Haggerty
agree on the value of your car. Other companies have "stated value" where
you tell them what it's worth and then they can decide what they'll settle
for. Make sure you get an "agreed to value" policy.

Ask a LOT of questions about how you can use your car. When I was shopping I
asked things like: can I drive the car to work....NO. Can we stop for lunch
while out for a drive? Can we stop at the grocery store on the way home from
a drive? Can we take the car away overnight to visit friends?  etc. etc.

Haggerty required one daily driver per licensed person in the house. My wife
and are both retired and if we cut back to one car plus the TR6, Haggerty
would drop the coverage.

If you now have your cars and house under an umbrella policy, check with
your insurance company to see if they require specific liability coverage.
Haggerty was the only classic car company that met my primary companies
requirements.

After doing all of the above, I don't have a collector policy as I couldn't
drive the car the way I want to drive my car.........

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org
1975 TR6 with: