[TR] I have a bad feeling about this

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Sat Mar 19 14:38:57 MST 2011

Hi Folks,

I'm just getting the '67 4A going again after installing Herman's Toyota
conversion and R.Good's Nissan rear end. There's no problems with these, and
in fact it's really nice to run on the freeway with lower revs. It's the
engine. It squirts oil from the dip stick opening. It never did that before.

Opening the oil filter cap produces a lot of air. Opened the PVC valve and
found  water droplets beginning to form. I'm now wondering if when I pulled
the engine that it suffered traumatic post partum distress from leaving the
car and cracked the head? I don't seem to be losing any water.

The PVC valve is brand new from "M". By the way how does it work? Does the
intake suck, or the crankcase push air? Either way the valve doesn't seem to
like opening. If you blow from the valve cover side it quickly opens then
closes again. Sucking from the manifold side does nothing. How can I check
if this PVC valve is good?

What is the troubleshooting method for squirting oil?

Johnnie