[TR] TR4 vs TR4A seat frames

Cliff Hansen cliff_hansen at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 19 12:00:45 MST 2011

I’m about to send the seats to the upholsterer for recovering.  Although I took the seats out of a TR4A, they currently have TR4 style coverings.  They are both fixed back (not folding) seats.  I haven’t looked at the frames.   It may be that the previous owner(s) replaced the original seats with a pair from a TR4, or maybe they recovered the TR4A seats with TR4 style covering.  I don’t know.

Does anyone know if the TR4 and TR4A frames are the same?   If they are different, are they different enough that it will be a problem to use TR4A coverings?

Thanks,

Cliff