[TR] Reamers

rbtr3a at cox.net rbtr3a at cox.net
Fri Mar 18 20:19:08 MST 2011

Wow at the hair splitting.  Just taper the trailing edge of the reamer. The angle of a few degrees is all you need. The tool its self will do the work just fine. If you are anal about it coat the freshly reamed counter bore with loctite or glyptol. Press in the bushings.
Here's the key. After the bushings are inserted. Chuck you new throttle shaft into a high speed drill. I use my lathe. Apply a few drops of cutting oil to the shaft and spin the shaft. It will seat the new shaft to the new bushing.

Ronnie Babbitt
Northrop Grumman
Model Maker