[TR] Fred is dead. Long live Fred.

Keith Stewart keithstewart at execulink.com
Fri Mar 11 16:30:05 MST 2011

On 2011-03-11, at 2:00 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> So now what?  We have to do something to commemorate the gentleman.
>
> It could be just here among us Team.Net folks.  It could be we lobby for
> some special recognition at the next VTR convention.  What can we do?
> Whatever it is it should somehow involve a powder coated Triumph part.

When talking about this issue, I keep thinking about that Human Resources adage "It's about the people, stupid!" in that with Fred, it wasn't about competing with others either in driving events or on the show field. He often had no interest in showing his car (other than to individuals) unless the show needed more vehicles on the field and then, he was there. Fred was always there to lend a helping hand but more importantly, he was a friend whose stories I was always eager to hear. As my wife says, he was a character - one that she too looked forward to seeing at events. Yes, with Fred, it WAS about the people. While powder coating will always be connected with Fred, honouring this fine gentleman should be more about people, friendships, and support than about competing and judging. For what it is worth, that is my $.02.

Keith R. Stewart
75 Camden Road
London, Ontario
N5X 2K2