[TR] Fred Thomas

suhringtr36 at comcast.net suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 19:55:28 MST 2011

With my newly restored '70 TR6 ready for a road trip and show, my wife and I drove to Alexandrea, VA for the 1998 British on the Green show. What a great drive down. After checking in at the hotel, we decided to go out for something to eat. Well, the 6 started acting up and running real rough, bucking all over the place. We limped back to the hotel and I looked around the engine the next AM. Decided to go ahead and drive to the show and again after a while it ran terrible but made it to the show. As you might suspect, out of nowhere a gentleman comes up and asks what the problem was. I explained this to Fred and he cocked his head and said it must be the condensor. He went out and found a spare one, swaped it out, and it fired up. He insisted that we go for a drive to make sure, so I left my wife to walk the grounds and Fred and I went out for a dirve. Came back and the friendship was sealed. The next year we came down and went out to diner with Fred and Debie, having a great time. He made it up to my place a few years back to visit a sister and his first time at Carlisel. Enjoyed hanging out at my garage and getting caught up on life. Fred will truly be missed, but he certainly has left his mark with many of us.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3