[TR] My Friend Fred

ronnie babbitt rbtr3a at cox.net
Thu Mar 10 19:37:02 MST 2011

Tonight has been very difficult, for I lost, we lost a very dear friend in Fred Thomas. For the last few years Fred had been dealing with several complications resulting in some surgery he had on his legs. From the time of his surgery Fred has been in a steady decline. Tom Fansher and I have had the opportunity to have spent some great times traveling with Fred.

For me he was much more than just a friend. Fred was my mentor, he was like a father to me in many regards, we often spoke several times a week on the phone. Fred always had an answer or a solution to every discussion we had. We often shared a room together at car shows. Fred loved my daughters Brandi and Brittani, he often would send them gifts and triumph Shirts. I was a graduate student of the FT school of powder coating.

I remember one of te first times ever talking to Fred I was having trouble getting my TR3 to run, I called Fred and over the phone he walked me thru the troubleshooting required to get the car to run. For neary two hours over the phone he talked me thru it. He always made time for others, whether it was for information, parts or powder coating. Fred loved this hobby.

 I will never forget the man who touch so many lives. I know he sure touched mine and my girls. May peace be with Debbie as she remembers the Fred we all knew and loved.

With great sorrow
Ronnie Babbitt