[TR] For sale - CA black license plates - unissued/unused

Darrell Walker darrellw at ipns.com
Thu Mar 10 09:06:03 MST 2011

I have a pair of CA black license plates for sale.  The number is "PRC 122".  I bought these about 20 years ago, intending to register my 66 TR4A under California's Year of Manufacture program (the original black plates were stolen in the early 80's), but my car wasn't old enough at the time.  I moved away from CA 15 years ago, and don't have any plans to return, so I've decided to sell these.  As far as I know, these plates have never been issued to a vehicle, and are in new, unused condition.  Before purchasing, you should verify that your vehicle is eligible to use these, and check with the DMV to make sure they are clear to use.  I believe I did have that checked with them before they rejected my application based on the age of the vehicle, but I'm not going to guarantee that.

I'm asking $300 for the pair.  Photos available on request.

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L