[TR] 15 * 6 VTO wheels

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 7 13:20:26 MST 2011

> I am thinking of putting 15 * 6 VTO wheels on my 58 3. Question is will
> my
> 165/15s fit on those rims?

Best to check with the tire maker, as they aren't always the same.  A quick
check shows that Continental allows their 165/60-15 to be on rims up to
6.5".
http://tireselector.conti-online.com/size.php

But another important question is what will fit on the car, and that depends
to some extent on the offset of your proposed wheels.  I can just barely
squeeze my 205/55-15 tires under the rear fenders when mounted on 5.5" TR6
rims, but they rubbed when mounted on vintage aftermarket 5.5" alloy rims.

-- Randall