[TR] gas tank

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 21:27:58 MST 2011

I'm wondering about peoples experiences with cleaning out and coating inside gas
tanks (tr-3).  Looking inside I see there are two baffles, resulting in a
separate area at each end.  I have some rust in the seam as well as around the
exit hole.  I'm guessing that nothing much can be done about the area inside the
baffled area.  I'm also not sure what to use to knock the rust loose as I'm
afraid that anything i use (bolts nuts ect) might get inside the baffled area
and not be able to get it out.

maybe just do what i can and then change filters a lot its running?

thanks

gary n.