[TR] TR3A Blown Head Gasket (Again)

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 15:29:23 MDT 2011

after building buddy Curt's motor we also blew a head gasket within 500 miles.
at build time the liners showed protrusion, but after being torqued down and
puled the head, we found the protrusion to be less that spec, on one side
also.
in replacing the composition head gasket i used Randall's copper ring
method.
car is running great, no problems after 2000 miles.
in future im going
to use this method no matter what the protrusion of the
liners.
Frank