[TR] interior insulation - TR3

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 30 15:25:34 MDT 2011

I solved the heat problem through the tunnel the following way. My metal
tunnel is lined on the underside (transmission side) with the aluminum
bubble insulation you can buy at Lowes. I installed it 4 years ago with a
good spray adhesive and then sprayed it black. You can not even detect it
unless you look very close. It's a tight fit with the tranny but very
doable. If you are concerned or have the rubber plugs for the dipstick with
the transmission tunnel, adjust accordingly. I welded my tunnel access shut.
That coupled with the under liner for the wool carpeting eliminated ALL the
heat from that area.

Alex Manzo
59 TR3A