[TR] FW: Wiper/Panel Switch Placement TR3

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Wed Jun 29 11:44:56 MDT 2011

I went digging into the archives and actually found the answer:

>From Randall in 2005...
"As several have pointed out, the earlier cars have the panel light in the
top position ... but the rheostat will not fit there.  In fact, the metal
panel itself is different between early and late TR3A, since the rheostat
takes a bigger hole than the push/pull switch used for the wipers (and the
panel on the earlier cars)."  [Because of the rheostat - the wiper/panel
were reversed with wiper on top.]

So for my 2-speed wiper application I will get a blank knob engraved with
the proper alignment.   I did find that the rheostat would fit in the top
position, but it is extremely close to the warning lamp bodies.  Could be
that it would generate enough heat to cause an issue.

Thanks to those that responded.

BTW - regarding the bezels...  All bezels on the center console should be
the beveled (inverted v) bezel which resembles those on the gauges - with
the exception of the ignition switch.  Switches mounted on the dash fascia
(heater & overdrive) should have the straight type.  Windshield Washer pump
is a round knurled nut (NLA evidently and with a strange threading - might
be a BA)

Carl
TS81802LO - getting close...  it is all in the details LOL