[TR] tr3a tail light wiring

George geomurphy at windstream.net
Wed Jun 29 08:34:13 MDT 2011

I have started to install all new tail light hardware on my tr3a.  I find
that each light fixture has a place to attach a bullet end ground wire.  My
new wiring harness does not have a ground wire for these lights and the
wiring diagram I have does not show an actual wire going to a ground.  I
assume that all are grounded through the screws that attach the fixture to
the body.  The hardware that I removed did not have ground wires.  The
question is;  Should I run a ground wire to each light?  Why is there a
place on the fixture to ground it if it was not supposed to be used?

George Murphy 1960 TR3A  - Waleska, Georgia