[TR] Camshaft selections - TRactor Engines

spook01@comcast.net spook01 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 08:39:24 MDT 2011

Remember these are non counterweighted cranks.  They will rev to a max of 6500 with a fully prepped engine..a truly prepped engine.
There is a guy who builds proper counterweighted knife edged cranks - I bought one for my MG TB a while back - but that's overkill for a street car.
Another note: the rods on these cars stretch slightly at high rpm.  Wavelock type rod bolts/studs should be used. If you are using the stock bolts be sure to use a mechanical device to prevent the bolt from moving, such as the little tabs.  Lock tite will fail because heat generated will soften it....remember, you remove locktite with heat!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone