[TR] Satin Black Powder coat

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:06:29 MDT 2011

Seems to me the comments about surface texture area a matter of degree.
 Gloss is a "micro" optical property.  Roughness is a "macro" surface
property.  Normal flatting agents in paints and coatings are designed to
disrupt the surface on the micro level to cut gloss without making a big
difference in macro roughness.

Not seeing the articles in discussion, it's hard for us to fully understand
the "bit of texture" observation.   I think if a lower gloss powder coat --
especially an only slightly lower gloss satin --- is giving a substantially
different surface texture, there's something else at work besides the
intended gloss level.

Don
TR3B TSF202L