[TR] Originality Issues

Gary Grant 61TR4ever at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 02:11:44 MDT 2011

My two cents  I am one of those who prefer originality restorations. If
fact, Im almost anal about it. But I like doing it this way because I
really enjoy the thrill of the hunt. I like doing the research required.
There were a lot of undocumented changes in the TRs that have a bearing on
originality. Ive found a few, and I continue looking for more. (This
explains my obsession trying to gather the service bulletins).  I also like
doing the hands on work involved. To me there is nothing more satisfying
than starting with a rusty, worn-out, 50 year old part and transforming it
into a part that for all purposes appears to be NOS. Its a personal choice!
But with that said, I have no intention of building a trailer queen and
hope to drive my car as much as possible when finished. The TRs were
primitive by todays standards, but they were probably one of the most
reliable and rugged sports cars built during that era. They were made for
driving hard.

As I said, its a personal choice. I see nothing wrong with modernizing
your TR, or modifying it for racing, or any other personal choice. Its a
combination of all of the above choices that keep these cars out of the
scrap yard, and that is the only thing that counts in the end.

Gary
TR4
1961 CT-1547-L