[TR] interior insulation - TR3

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 26 11:25:30 MDT 2011

> Anyone know of the product or used anything like this?

Not I.  But I would be more impressed if they talked about R-value (how well
it insulates) rather than how 'pure' the aluminum is.  Pure aluminum is an
awful metal, it's only usable when alloyed with other elements.  And of
course it can't actually be pure aluminum, since pure aluminum almost
instantly oxidizes when exposed to air (giving it a layer of aluminum
oxide).

I might be more inclined to go with something like:
http://tinyurl.com/3ztk7rp
since they do talk about how well it insulates (R15.6 is very good for only
1/4") and it's cheaper as well.

But I just use the foil/felt stuff from Home Depot.  If it gets wet, I take
it out to dry, just like the carpet.

-- Randall