[TR] TRactor Engine 89MM Pistons

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Fri Jun 24 21:47:23 MDT 2011

Hi Folks, Has anyone upgraded their TRactor engine to the 89MM
pistons/liners that quite a few shops are selling? If so, did your
performance get better? Did it require different carb settings? Any problems
getting head gaskets or other peripheral parts?

I'm interested in an engine upgrade including a camshaft change. I drive the
car to work daily (about 35 miles) and would like some spirited performance
on the streets and the freeway, but would still like it to idle OK.

Johnnie

'67 TR4A with tired 87 MM pistons.