[TR] TR3 tight steering and decals

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:31:57 MDT 2011

> done the lock screw on top of the box thing.
> it is certainly "stiffer" than my
> TR3, my buddy Paul's TR3 and the TR3 that i
> drove belonging to a club member.
> it does not even show any signs of straighting out from a turn. if fact its
> good pull to get it straight.
> its way too stiff

Frank, is it a two-piece column?

If so, the two pieces must align with each other exactly or the steering will
be quite stiff.

There are adjustments on both the unit mount and the upper shaft for doing
this. Kinda fiddly, but necessary.

I put the coupler on one side and pull the upper column out, the slide it into
the coupler as I watch. If the coupler moves, I adjust and try again.

And again. Until the coupler is stationary when the shaft slides in.

John H.