[TR] TR3 tight steering and decals

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:05:05 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Frank Fisher <yellowtr3 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> friends TR3 recently rebuilt has very tight steering.

I would start by adjusting that lock screw fitting on the top of the box
that controls how deep the peg enters the cam -- sounds like it may have
been overtightened.  Should steer very very easily with the wheels up.
After you loosen then adjust tighter usually the first sign of binding will
occur at the extremes of turning (less wear there) you do not want any
binding.  I can't say my TR3A strsightens out smartly coming out of a turn
-- it wants to go straight but the wheel doesn't return quickly on its own.
Don't know if that is typical.

> he also has a windshield decal from when he
> was driving the car in high school
> in the 70's.

Whatever you do try -- I would first take a really good high resolution
digital photo of it -- then if it is ruined in the attempt you can easily
get a new one made.

Geo