[TR] Side of the Road

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jun 22 18:58:58 MDT 2011

> I had no spare fuel
> filter but you can bet I will put one in the  glove box for future
> trips.

If it was a modern paper element filter, then you can limp home just by
driving a screwdriver or similar object through the center of the filter.
BTDT.

But in my experience the stock setup with the screen & sediment bowl
actually works pretty good.  Adding a paper element filter does nothing for
reliability, IMO (as you found out).

I did finally add a paper element filter to my TR3, but only because we get
a lot of extremely fine sand/dust around here (blown in from the desert),
and I was concerned about its long-term effect on the cylinder walls.  But
the 3A never had one, and never had a problem with it <G>

-- Randall