[TR] Shaking TR3

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 11:04:51 MDT 2011

Are you sure your tires are round?  I suddenly picked up a vibration in my truck.  Checked the tires and there is a high area in the middle of the tread on the right rear.  Sudden appearance of this must be a belt failure or tread separation.  I was planning on replacing the tires before the VTR convention trip in August, but this makes it immediate.  I'm having a new set of Michelins put on tonight.  The BFGs lasted OK through two trucks, but the Micks get great reviews.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack"
2004 Suburban 8.1
2005 Lotus Elise
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net