[TR] GT6+ main light switch

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 19 21:43:35 MDT 2011

> Has anyone
> found a better switch?

I haven't.  But I have found that using relays will prolong the life of the
original switches practically forever.  0.1 amps (for the relay coil)
produces only 1/10000 as much heat as 10 amps for the headlights.

On the Stag, I was able to very carefully melt the plastic in the switch and
reshape it until it worked again.  But I was lucky, no doubt about that.
The overheated contact had sunk into the plastic arm that carried it, so I
just heated the contact with my soldering gun until the plastic softened
again, then held it in place while it cooled.  Blistered a finger, a small
price to pay.

-- Randall