[TR] Anyone rebuilding Lucas distributor vacuum units State Side?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 19 00:05:28 MDT 2011

Hardly worth the effort, IMO.  The vacuum retard just increases fuel
consumption, CO2 emissions and the engine's tendency to overheat at idle.
Just plug the line and leave it non-operational.  Set the timing to 10
before, and back off the idle setting to get the idle back down (showing how
much less fuel it takes to idle at 10 before instead of 4 after).  You may
need to adjust the bowl vent valve a bit, too.

However, my local auto parts store (Clark's Discount Auto in Bellflower, CA)
sent out my TR3 vacuum module for rebuilding, so I would guess that they
could do the same for the Stag.  Try your local NAPA or independent (not a
discount chain like O'Reillys or AutoZone).

-- Randall