[TR] TR2 wiper gearbox and motor greases

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:50:11 MDT 2011

Any newer/better products out there for greasing the motor bushings
and grease for the wheelbox?

I'm quickly running out of electrical things to fix on the TR2 - the
motor on the wiper was frozen - the gear box white lube was quite hard
and when I took that apart - the motor would not run on it's own -
Pulled it down and cleaned it up - used some semi-synthectic (whatever
that is) wheel bearing grease on the front and back bushings and it
spins like a champ -  just don't know if that's the right grease for
the long haul.  Also - any recommendations on grease for the gears is
welcome - I have an old tube of lubriplate but thoguht there should be
something better in today's world.

Also - the needle bearings on the gear - any reccomendaiton for grese
type there?  I figure I'm going to be sticking those pins in with a
pair of tweezers....

Thanks

Chris