[TR] Fuel percolation-Opposite effect

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 11 09:55:31 MDT 2011

Here's a flip side issue with my TR3A that no one has been able to come up
with an answer for except a Mini owner who said he had a similar problem due
to the witches blend.

My 59 TR3A is running su's (earlier model su's) with a stainless heat shield
between the exhaust manifold and the carbs. This is the standard shield
available to all. Quite honestly, I installed the shield because it makes me
nuts to have these carbs directly over a hot manifold. That's another story
that has to do with my TR6.

Anyway, what happens with my car is there is an ENORMOUS build up of of
water droplets that form all over the intake manifold and carb bodies.
(condensation) At one point it was so severe that it flooded out the car.
When people see this, they cannot believe it. The carbs and intake manifold
are so cold they feel like they were packed in ice.

I actually thought about taking off the heat shield to help warm up the
situation. Debating on which is better. But still no one has ever seen this
or can offer an answer or suggestion.

Alex Manzo
59TR3A
72 TR6