[TR] rear axle seal TR3

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 16:22:14 MDT 2011

First question, is the leak grease or gear oil?  If it is gear oil, then it
is the inner seal that is leaking, and it does not take a hub puller to
replace it.

If it is grease, then most likely the bearing has been over-greased and the
leak will stop if you stop greasing the bearing so much.  There is a TSB
that warns about this.

Haven't made a hub puller myself yet ... well, more accurately I haven't
made one that works every time <G>

However, I've put a couple of documents up at
http://tinyurl.com/56gylc
that others have written.  Look for "Tony Gordon Rear Hub rebuild notes plus
blueprint" for a drawing of the original Churchill tool; and "TR3 Rear Axle
and Hub Separator" for a variation on the theme.

-- Randall