[TR] Interior vinyl installation question - thanks - and followup questions

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sun Jun 5 10:41:31 MDT 2011

Thank you to all that responded.  I dampened them and then set them in the
sun and most evened out enough (I hope).  I did a it a second time on the
worst two and placed concrete blocks on them and that did the trick on them.

Now to a couple other questions.   I need to put a couple  holes in the dash
to accommodate:

1) I have an accessory plug (period cigar lighter) that I want to mount for
phone charger, GPS, or other use.    Although the owner's guide indicates
that the washer pump knob goes between the cubby box and center panel,  I
was thinking that would be a more logical place for that plug, especially
with the ashtray (coin/cell phone holder) mounted just below it.  The washer
pump would be between the tach and the other side of the center panel.
Anyone have any thoughts about it?  The alternative would be to make a
bracket to mount on the dash support next to the ashtray.

2) I was trying to decide if an indicator lamp would be beneficial for
letting me know that the fog/spot lamps are on (I think just one lamp for
both).   Anyone have the fog/spots that can provide insight whether
necessary?  Placement is another issue.  Two possibilities - on the left
above the heater/overdrive switches (in fact could place two there) or in
the area between the speedo & tach.   If I went with the latter, I could
move the turn signal indicator to that location and put the fog/spot on the
center panel.  I have matching red, yellow, or green indicator lamps to use.
Again - anyone have any thoughts?  I still need to figure out how to hook-up
but that is later.

Just curious - anyone have any other 'I wish I had a lamp to tell me that'
ideas?

Thanks
Carl

Quotes from TRA judging guide:

Windscreen Washer Control - Cars equipped with windscreen washers had a
manually operated pump
usually mounted between the cubbybox door and the center panel.

Radios and Other Options/Add-on - A variety of radios, cigar lighters, map
lights, anti-dazzle mirrors, and
such were fitted to the cars. Some were factory approved arrangements, some
were purely aftermarket
additions. Do not deduct for period or period appearing accessories that are
tastefully fitted in a manner
consistent with the age of the car.