[TR] TR3A Odd overdrive behaviour

Art McEwen amcewen2 at cogeco.ca
Sun Jul 31 14:07:07 MDT 2011

The last couple of drives the first time I engage overdrive it works
like a charm, but if I disengage it (be it 5 minutes or 25 minutes
later) it won't reengage.   If I stop, even for only 5 minutes it's
fine, but again, only once.

The gearbox oil was a bit low so I topped it up and that didn't change
it.  I'm not stopping long enough for it to cool down so it's not likely
heat.  If I drive without it for a while then try it doesn't engage so
it's not like the solenoid is heating/cooling.

What do you think solenoid or internals?

I'm going to check the filter screen and re-top it up because it's been
awhile since I've had warm 30weight running down my arm.