[TR] Covering a newly painted car

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:22:16 MDT 2011

On 7/26/11 7:46 AM, spook01 at comcast.net wrote:
> I suspect that as long as nothing flaps at all, you will be ok.
> However, I learned the hard way that any flapping removes the paint at
> that area.
> Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.
So the problem is flapping wrap repeatedly striking the car?

I put the car cover over the car then mummified the cover 100% with wrap
a couple layers deep.  At the end of the about 1000 journey some of the
wrap had come loose but the car cover had not moved and still protected
the car.

Is it a matter of the under covering and how well you mummify the under
covering?  Or are there other hazards that got exacerbated by the cover
and wrap combination?  I was planning to keep this in my bag of tricks
for moving a roadster long distance and would like to know what I'm not
understanding.

I thought I came up with a good way to protect it being trailered on
long trips and protected from small kicked up rocks and rain.  It was
Flagstaff's rainy season and the car was rained on daily for a couple
days until I could get it into a storage room.

Thanks for your input

Teriann