[TR] TR4 Lower Dashboard

Gary Grant 61TR4ever at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 01:51:03 MDT 2011

This is in reference to the lower dashboard support bracket, commonly called
the H bracket or Horse Collar.

There are 3 part numbers listed in the Spare Parts Catalog for this bracket.
I am trying to determine which upper bracket I need and the lower bracket
could hold the clue.

PN 566010 is listed in the first edition only. I suspect this is the one
with the large cut-out on the top side. It bolts directly to the dashboard
without the upper bracket. Therefore, there appears to be no provision for a
radio. It has a plinth in the cutout containing the heater controls instead
of the controls being in the body of the bracket as in the later part
numbers.

PN 566108 is listed in both the first and second edition of the catalog and
applies to cats prior to CT 1527. Anyone out there that has a photo of one
of these from a pre- CT 1527 car?

PN 806506, also in both catalog editions, is the familar bracket that is
painted in a black crackle finish.

In addition there was a vinyl covered bracket supplied to only the American
market after CT 1527 for just a few months. This is the one I have and I'm
trying to determine which upper bracket was used. Was it also vinyl covered?
Was it a steel plate like the later upper brackets or cast aluminum? It's
interesting to note that while this bracket has a casting number of 806506,
the casting is clearly much different than the bracket above. So it appears
this PN was not included in the catalog. Anyone have a photo of the vinyl
covered bracket and the correct upper bracket?

I have reason to believe the answer may be found in Service Bulletin
T-62-10, Western Zone only. But previous requests to the list for a copy has
not been successful.

Gary