[TR] do I paint the radiator duct fiberboard?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 25 17:46:51 MDT 2011

> Hi Ann, I believe the fiberboard was not intended to be painted.  It
> just stays black.  That's what I did with my red TR3A.

While that's what I did (and believed) too; it was recently pointed out that
the SPC lists the deflector in a variety of colors: Black, Signal Red, Pale
Yellow, Pearl White, etc.  (Part numbers 803440 through 803448, page 85 in
my copy.)  So it appears that the factory at least initially supplied them
painted body color.

-- Randall