[TR] Covering a newly painted car

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 07:09:43 MDT 2011

On 7/24/11 7:21 PM, Cliff Hansen wrote:

> An enclosed trailer is not an option, as I have one tow vehicle and
> own the flatbed trailer, and we're moving from Nevada to New Mexico.
When I moved from California to Flagstaff, after loading my TR3 on the
trailer I put its car cover on then wrapped the car cover & car in
plastic.  The soft car cover was on the body and the wrap never touched
the body except for the underside.  It seemed to work OK.  The paint was
not new but I was concerned about flying debris and night time visitors.
No one tried to unwrap the car to see what was underneath and nothing
got through the wrap.  It takes 2 people & lots of wrap to cocoon a TR.

If your paint is at least a week old you should be fine.

Teriann