[TR] Got the GT6 running!

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sun Jul 17 15:47:20 MDT 2011

Today was an even better day.  I got the GT6 fully assembled.  It
fired up without too much trouble and I drove it aroudn the
neighbohood successfully.  Even used 3 of the 4 gears.  They all
worked.  The clutch behaved and sounded normal.

This was all due to a squealing bearing between the input and
mainshafts, also producing a whine on overrun.  I had a local machine
shop put a hardened sleeve on the tip of the mainshaft, then
installed new bearings of course.  I took the opportuntity to have a
pin put into the brass TO bearing holder to eliminate the noise where
it had gotten so worn.

It's only been a year or so...  Yay!!!

--
Jim Muller