[TR] 30 psi at 65 mph

Bill anabil007 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 13:41:32 MDT 2011

Jeremiah ... ?   Just kidding, I don't think it is a real problem,
gauge could be off, and 30 psi seems low, but only a 10 psi
difference from idle is encouraging, and way better than Zero psi, I
would press on, but it is your car ... and your call ... you have of
course checked you oil level and are running 20/50 good oil ... I am
partial to Redline, but again a personal decision, I am sure you will
hear other opinions, probably from drivers smarter than I ...

I am driving my TR3 from Salt Lake City to St. George UT about 300 miles, I am
60 miles into the trip. This is the farthest I've driven it since getting it
running. I am seeing 30 psi at 65 mph (according to GPS) with no overdrive.
And 20 psi at idle. Is that way too low? Should I stop?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford