[TR] tr6 reversing woes

fogbro1 at comcast.net fogbro1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 14 21:40:55 MDT 2011

Frank,

Backing up with the o/d engaged will destroy it. If not immediately, then some
time. If this were my car, I'd not back it up at all.

A 'J' type is supposed to have residual pressure, but not enough to engage the
overdrive. After the BFH trick and making sure the electrics are disconnected,
I would buy a gauge and try a few things before giving up, pulling the gearbox
and dismantling the o/d.

So the choices at this point are: 1. pull the gearbox and dismantle the unit.

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B
 B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B 2. Or buy a gauge and make a measurement of
the pressure.

At least that's what I'd do at this point.

Ed