[TR] TRs in Detroit area salvage yards

aribert at c3net.net aribert at c3net.net
Thu Jul 14 21:33:12 MDT 2011

Parts Galore (a fixed price, you pull it yard) on Warren in Detroit has a
'70 or there about TR6 along with a TR7 hardtop.  As of last Saturday (I
intended to send this message days ago), the TR6 was virtually complete.
It was missing the radiator, the trans tunnel and the topstack. It is a
non OD w/ wire wheels car.  The TR7 was relatively complete but was
missing a few more parts including the rad (judging by the A/C condenser)
looked to have factory air.  If someone needed a patch panel, get there w/
a battery powered "sawsall" - I have seen pictures of some peoples project
cars that were in worse shape than these two cars.

The Parts Galore on 8 Mile has a **very** rough GT6, also about a '70
model.  I hacked off a rotoflex hub/spindle and took the spindle out of
the other hub and got a couple of switches.