[TR] tr6 reversing woes

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 11:47:44 MDT 2011

Ed
don't know if its an A or J type. 1973 TR6. i suspect its a J type
car was
bought ruining after some "rebuilding" . i drove it to Buddy's home.
O/D was
not working when i drove it.
when he got it home he found that beneath the
shinny new paint job was some pretty poor detail work.
lots of electric wired
wrong, including the O/D
don't know if the O/D was worked on.
he did manage to
get the wiring corrected to the O/D and we know the wire is hot when the
switch is engaged and not hot when not engaged. when the wire to the O/D is
switched to on the solenoid clicks.
Frank