[TR] Retr0bright update

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Thu Jul 14 07:22:10 MDT 2011

So I ordered hydrogen peroxide, glycerine, gum and Oxyclean, as well as a
blender as my wife wasn't to keen on me using hers.  I followed the
instructions and came up with a sticky goo which was almost impossible to
get off my hands, the bench and everything else it came into contact with.
Turns out I made enough to coat a car, so next time I'll rachet down the
quantities.

I smeared the goo over the washer and radiator overflow bottles and set them
in the sun for 2 days as instructed.  Once it dried, washing it off was
fairly simple.  It's hard to say, but I think both are less yellow than
previously.  The instructions have a "rinse and repeat" suggestions, so I'm
going to give it a second shot when I get some more supplies.

I realize I cannot attach pictures to these emails, but if anyone wants
before and afters, I'll be glad to send them along after the second
application.  Then you can decide if it's worth it.

Andrew Uprichard

  _____