[TR] TR3 kick panel hole

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Jul 12 06:16:44 MDT 2011

In a message dated 7/11/2011 9:57:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
lgmtr6 at yahoo.com writes:
> I'm in the process of restoring a 58 TR3A and with the fenders off, there
> is a big hole almost 8" across and looks to be  factory cut in the
> passenger right side foot well. It looks like a great place for water to get in.
> What is it for and should I seal it up?

My 57 had the same.  It looks suspiciously like a speaker mount.  Sure,
seal it up with an 8 inch weather proof speaker.

Seriously, did you see evidence of water damage originating from that
opening?  I didn't.  I had plenty from everywhere else but I think this is
sufficiently shrouded.  Besides, who drives these things in the rain anymore?

Dave