[TR] question on magnesium wheels

spook01@comcast.net spook01 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 9 08:51:55 MDT 2011

We used magnesium wheels on formula B cars into the late '70's.  So they were in use at least that long.
I have some real "mags" I have mounted up for my sunbeam tiger, but don't use them for the street.
Mags don't spark when they hit something.  They shatter!  I can tell you from bitter and expensive experience!
But the main problem with real mags is corrosion.
You know, come to think on it, I wonder what my Lotus Else wheels are made from;  they are light enough!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone