[TR] squeaky front suspension TR3

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 11:44:57 MDT 2011

Do not lubricate rubber suspension bushings.  They work by distortion, not by sliding.

Get new stock bushings.  PUT THEM IN DRY.  Leave the bolts loose until you get the car back on the tires.  Tighten the bolts while the car is naturally at rest.  Smile on your squeakless drive.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier