[TR] Oil Cooler

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 13:31:30 MDT 2011

Hi List & Bill!

I have 2-13 row oil coolers with hoes,etc. , but I haven't
installed them.

I've found out form people (over the years), that in a
summer/winter climate, if
a person doesn't have a thermostat to regulate the
oil flow to & from the oil
cooler to the engine, then sludge will build up
quickly. Also. around here in
the summer, it may take the oil temp. about an
hour to reach 270^F & stay there.
So one person advised me NOT to bother
installing 1-13 row cooler, bad enough
2-13 row oil coolers.

1- My
thinking was, the more rows in an oil cooler, the better it will keep the
oil
temp down. What say the list on this?   &
2- What is the oil temp. with an oil
shut-off valve/regulator when the engine's
oil is at operating mode with 1-13
row cooler vs a more row cooler? TIA,-Cosmo
Kramer