[TR] Moss Quick Rack for TR4 - the answer from Moss

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Sat Jan 29 15:16:35 MST 2011

I asked about installing Moss' "quick rack" in an early TR4 (different
rack mounting configuration than later cars).  Here's Moss Tech
Support's answer:

The term "horizontal mount" refers to the orientation of the U-bolt, not to
the position of the mount itself. The crux is of the interchangeability
issue, is the way these different racks mount, and therefore the specific
design of the rack housing with regards to the mounting. The housing of the
later rack has cast parts which interfere with the early-style mounting
system, and is also missing parts which are necessary for the early-style
mounting system.

So until we can come up with a different design, sorry, you're out of luck.

I've been told by a reliable wrencher that mounting brackets can be
fabricated, so removing the earlier "ears" and welding the new brackets
is a possible recourse.

hth

jim

--