[TR] VIN stamping

cfmtr3a at verizon.net cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Thu Jan 27 08:30:16 MST 2011

Going through this process 'as we speak'.  Had the FHP inspector out last Monday (he is booked solid - made reservation November 29).   I had the registration from prior owner (NY - no title in NY); copy of the bill of sale; BMHTI build record; original beat up Commission Plate; re-stamped (courtesy of HF stamps) new plate.   New plate was attached by screws.

His comment - was change the screws to permanent attachment (rivets) and all is ok.  Wouldn't give me the proof I needed for getting title/registration - I'll need to reschedule when I have the plate re-attached.   Called yesterday and appts are now into mid-March.

Interesting method of appts.  'we are booking the week of March 14 or later. (if that works) we will contact you the week prior to let you know which day and approximate time the inspector will be there'.    I guess they line all up and he clusters the calls by locale.

Argh.  Only if I had had the brass pop rivets.  10 minutes and all would have been done.
I tried searching the archives - does anyone have the contact info for the person who said they supply them?

Thanks
Carl