[TR] Stainless oil pressure hose with solid pipe up to guage ?

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 26 05:48:16 MST 2011

On Tuesday, January 25, 2011 09:14:36 pm Foster, Stan (HP IT) wrote:
> I wonder if someone could tell me where I can find the oil pressure line
> configuration shown on this white early TR3A. The picture is from the VTR
> national last year and I apologize for not making a note of the owner of
> this North Carolina TR.
>
> http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/foster461/VTR2010/IMG_0512.jpg
>
> Stan
Stan,

Yes Ted does sell them for the 3,4 and 6. I put one on the 6 and is is much
better than the OEM plastic line.

But the 3 had a steel line originally which I find superior even to the part
Ted sells. The braided line will eventually go, but the steel line will last
forever.

The only part on the 3 and 4 that will go is the braided line from the engine
to the steel line. That is a 5 minute fix with a new line from TRF and you
don't have to remove the OP gauge to install the line.

I see the steel lines on Ebay from time to time and TRF sells a better than
OEM braided line from the engine.

Both my 3 and 4 are stock steel lines.

Bob