[TR] neat link

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 13:41:37 MST 2011

> I am not sure the MG folks will like the beginning. But this
> is what sold me
> on the TR3 after owning a 57 MGA. Power difference did it for me.

I also much preferred the body lines of the TR3, kind of like comparing Gina
Lollobrigida to Twiggy.  But the power difference certainly helped a lot as
well.

I used to run around with a buddy that drove a 58 MGA.  Down in Florida one
time, neither of us had a top with us and there was a great big thunderstorm
blowing in.  There being limits to our friendship, I stomped the TR and
outran the storm.  Guess who was soaked to the skin when he finally caught
up <G>

Oddly enough, the TR also burned less gas even without overdrive.

-- Randall