[TR] Lucas Starter Squeal

dlylis at gmail.com dlylis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 11:13:50 MST 2011

I had a similar problem with my TR3a. (sans squeal). What it turned out to be was that one of the springs that holds the brushes had broken off from the starter end plate and the only thing that was providing contact was gravity, and not doing a great job, I might add. I chased this for months thinking first it was a ground issue, then a poor power supply issue, then solenoid, as you have pointed out.
My local starter guy provided me with a new end plate and problem solved.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T